Friday, April 6, 2012

Unfashion A Day, Week 13

Monday
Wintry Spring

Since the weather has dropped into the icky range again, I decided to focus on sweaters—particularly this one, which I've only worn once. I'm not crazy about it. The sleeves are just slightly puffed, enough to make my shoulders – already a sensitive issue with me – look even bigger! However, I found that it looked pretty decent with a tank top underneath it. To help avoid the color-blocked look, I pinned the butterfly that had last been seen gracing my head to the collar. I wore it with some neutral, transparent, lace-covered shoes, which have not yet been seen in this blog!

Tuesday
If only we just wore uniforms

Lacking any real inspiration this day, I simply picked out the first thing I could find that I hadn't worn recently. If you recall, the last time I wore this shirt, it was with khaki pants. So this time, I really changed things up and wore it with ... a khaki skirt! Will the flow of creativity never cease!? The leggings underneath prompt me to make an ironic observation: While all my pantyhose are just dark enough to make me look like I stuck my legs in a tanning booth and forgot the rest of me, these leggings make me look just the opposite. There appears to be no way a girl can cover up her legs unobtrusively! Unfair!

Thursday
Happy Medium

Over the few months I've owned it, I have come to the conclusion that this is my favorite shirt. It fits snugly, but not so snugly as to be tasteless. The wide neckline helps reduce the apparent size of those omnipresent broad shoulders and opens up the perfect viewing area for cool necklaces, such as the multi-stranded beaded one I'm sporting in the photo! I chose a white skirt simply because it would match the silver stripes in the top, and I chose a long one, because after yesterday's legging disappointment, I wanted a no-fuss way to keep my legs warm. I wore black flat shoes, not because they matched, but because they looked more sophisticated than the white deck shoes which were my only other choice.

Friday
Hooky Look

Today was a weird day, because I got all dressed up for work, then at the last minute decided to stay home since I wasn't feeling well. So the only people who will ever see this outfit are you, my loyal readers! It's OK, really. This outfit kind of sucked. The blouse is too big (and did I ever mention I really don't like button-up blouses to begin with?), the pants are too long (even with 5-inch heels) and the shoes, while they matched the blouse perfectly, with their peep-toes, were not a great choice for today's weather.

Week 13 really was unlucky for me—3 of the 5 days, I wore an article I kind of don't like – the white sweater, the white skirt, and the green blouse – and made a leggings faux pas another day. Week 13 is my record-breaking week for not repeating any outfit, and it's beginning to show. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here! If warm weather would just arrive, I would have all sorts of new and exciting clothes to wear, but until then, it's going to be blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment