Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pants is not a four-letter word

After years of only feeling pretty when wearing a skirt or dress, I seem to be on a pants kick. Maybe it's the fact that I've had it up to here (here = higher than my waistband) with winter and just want to be warm! But in any case, I'm wearing a lot of pants.

The first time I wore this sweater dress (back when I worked in a grocery store), one of my coworkers told me, "I like your dress!" Dress? Up until that point, I'd just thought of it as an extra-long sweater. And I was wearing it with jeans.

Well, once I started working in an office and my wardrobe no longer had to be limited to what was "sensible," I never wore this dress over pants again (leggings, yes). But of all my dresses, it is the best candidate for being worn over pants, thanks to its somewhat shorter length. So that's what I did with it.

Choosing a pair of pink pants and matching pink jewelry (and also being pretty pleased with my hair after taking it out of a French braid), I had a pants-based outfit that, again, made me happier than any frilly frock I  might have pulled out of my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment