Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Star Wars



In the battle between iconic stars and all-over bling, which will win? Or can they just get along together? Such are the deep questions inspired by this outfit, featuring a few new fashion forays and a smattering of wordplay for good measure.

I've always been averse to spending a lot of money on flat shoes, because I could spend the same amount of money and get a much more exciting pair of high heels! All you have to do is look at a few of my posts to know that I am an aficionado of heels. Any outfit worth wearing (or at least blogging about) has to have at least a couple inches of elevation, in my opinion. But my opinion is slowly changing.

There are times when you want to look fab, yet still be able to walk a couple of miles without crippling pain. At those times, snazzy flats are the answer, and up until a few weeks ago, snazzy flats were something my wardrobe had none of. But not any more! Here's the story.

I've been watching the evolution of shoes and noticing a trend. While for the past few years, ballet styles have pretty much had a chokehold on the flats market. But about last year, I noticed the return of the loafer, the boat shoe, and the smoking shoe. Although I was initially hesitant, my sensible side and sheer boredom with the ballet flat won over, and I purchased two pairs of boat shoes in bright colors.

Today's is the undeniably snazzy blue sequined pair from Apple Bottoms. Some will call them not snazzy but garish, but I say if I have to wear flats, they better stand out loud and proud.

To keep on with the sparkly theme, I'm also wearing my star-printed skirt, and over that, a kimono-inspired top. Cat earrings, because why not?

So, if you are still thinking about my first paragraph, you're wondering, where's the wordplay? Well... What's the title of this post? Now... what is traditionally used to tie a kimono? I'll give you a hint. It's an obi. And... do you see the connection yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment