Saturday, October 12, 2013

How to Shorten a Necklace

Overly long necklaces are my continual burden. I don't know why, but every necklace that I get, the bottom end of it seems to fall right at the line of my collar. Resulting in annoying situations like the necklace creeping under my shirt, where it looks stupid or can't be seen at all.

Recognize this necklace from my other blog? Probably not,
because the bird is hidden under my shirt!

How to get the necklace up to a more reasonable length?


Well, the quick and dirty fix is to tie a couple of knots in the chain. I usually do one knot on each side of the clasp, and then work up to two on each side if necessary. Really simple, right? So simple, in fact, that you probably didn't need to be told...but just in case that was a new concept to you, there it is.


Most of the necklaces in my collection are all knotted up in this way, which leads me to believe I need a more permanent solution. So my next project is to figure out how to shorten a necklace chain the right way. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment