Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One Skirt, Four Seasons: Summer

 
Since sweltering July days are the best days to wear non-breathable plastic fabrics, the purple pleather skirt is back!

The theme this time around is purple and teal, which I effected with a long flowy teal vest (which I've had for two years but never found a way to wear), teal shoes (which gave me blisters), a lavender camisole (which was a recently acquired hand-me-down that proved to be the perfect addition to this outfit), and, the pièce de résistance, a blue floral brooch from my grandma's collection.

At first, I was hesitant to wear the light purple top, as it kind of stood out like a sore thumb among the other dark colors of the outfit, but the light blue of the brooch lifted the dark blue(-green) of the shoes and vest, making the pastel camisole fit right in. I got a couple of compliments on this ensemble (and a couple more on the shoes alone), so I guess I can consider it the most successful of my three seasonal outfits featuring this skirt.

Here are the others, in case you want to do a little comparison yourself.
Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment