Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Marine Monochrome

Yesterday, I spent a good long time trying to find nice clothes to wear with my new bubblegum-pink sweater, but it was tough. So I set my sights a little lower and came up with this masterpiece in blues and blue-greens. When artfully combining colors is too much for you, you can never go wrong with monochrome!

Today's aqua ensemble features a teal circle skirt, boots in a slightly different shade of teal, a vest in another shade of teal, and a sweater in navy blue. All the different layers join together in magnificent mass of swirliness that would remind even the most literal thinker of ocean waves. I even tried to curl my hair to keep the waves rolling, but, not at all shockingly, that didn't work.

Once all dressed up, I looked slightly shapeless thanks to the oversized sweater, so I brought in the waist with a black belt. The silver buckle of said belt stood out like a lighthouse amidst my dark clothing, so I tried to balance it out with silver jewelry—in seashell and manatee motifs, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment