Tuesday, February 3, 2015

What light through yonder window breaks?

 
This dress required so many alterations before I could wear it, that by the time I finally did, I was tired of it already. I wasn't going to bother blogging about it, but sometimes you look so good in your handiwork that people just want to take pictures of you! Who am I to deny them that opportunity?

Since I had the photos, here is a short post about the dress. It's a lovely shiny jacquard with those contrasting sleeves I'm so into. When I got it, I thought it was a neutral beige and planned to wear it with tall boots or black tights, but then I realized how splendidly it went with pink, which enabled me to brighten up the look with pink tights and wear delicate little shoes, which doesn't happen often this time of winter.

If the dress was an example of my handiwork at its best, my hair is an example of my handiwork at its worst. That scruffy shaggy mane is yet another attempt at curls. One day I'll get this. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment