Thursday, December 10, 2015

Vest Western

 
Inexplicably, I really like this west. For all its baggy bulkiness, and its gratuitous hood (not crazy about hooded tops, me), I think it looks pretty good on me.

So I was seeking a way to wear it for only the second time (here's the first) since I've owned it.

After many try-ons (yielding a couple ideas I'm saving for the future), I decided the perfect outfit for today would be a 3/4 length sleeve top (to let my forearms bask in the relative warmth of today's 60+ degree weather) over a new pair of brown skinny pants.

For the shoes, I originally was planning on my brown cowgirl boots, until I chose my jewelry.

At first, not realizing it had already been done before, I gravitated to the same purple necklace I had worn the last time I wore this vest. Fortunately, I decided that I'd much rather strengthen my Western theme by wearing a silver-and turquoise necklace.

Then, after I had picked that out, I decided maybe the Western theme was coming on too strong and changed the boots (If the theme of this outfit were not Western, it would surely be Indecision). This time I went with a more subtle pair of beige ankle boots with Western-style topstitching.

Haven't quite perfected my suave wall-lean

No comments:

Post a Comment