Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Funday

 
 Many times, I have been tempted to wear my most business-like clothes on a Friday, but I usually hold myself back and wear something a little more casual instead. Friday is supposed to be when you dress down, not up!

However, this Friday, I put on my nicest wool pants and blazer, and decked myself out in a suit that wouldn't look out of place in even the stuffiest of offices. OK, I kid myself—in my lavender camisole, purple shoes, and tacky grape-themed jewelry, I am surely pushing the boundaries of business attire, but hey, it's Friday!

There are many reasons I chose to wear a suit on a Friday, among them being: the weather has been atrociously cold and wet for what seems like ever (a day or two ago, I heard on the radio that we were entering our tenth straight day of rain), and I felt like wearing something covered-up and warm. Also, I switched to my summer wardrobe yesterday (for reasons I'll explain in a future post), meaning my selection of warm and covered-up clothing just dwindled to almost nothing. But probably most importantly, I desired an unobtrusive backdrop for the aforementioned grape jewelry I recently acquired.

Let's have a closer look at it, shall we?
 
 
I got it on eBay for just 2.25$ for the set. There are many things I've learned not buy direct from China (dresses, dresses, and more dresses!), but jewelry is usually a safe bet. It is the same stuff you can buy at a chain store (much of the jewelry I've purchased from China has arrived with labels such as Forever 21 and Cato), but it comes at a fraction of the cost. If you're ever looking to expand your collection of costume jewelry without breaking the bank, eBay (with a free shipping filter) is your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment