Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Vegetable Valerie

 
It's been almost 2 and a half years, but I finally got around to dyeing my hair a new unnatural color again!

I did it on Friday, and, while I had an plan for incrementally changing the color to something less dramatic in time for work on Monday, I loved the green so much I had to let it be. The color may be already fading, but I felt like a green goddess for the first few days of my new look... and you know what you put green goddess on? Salads! So what better place to snap my style than in the produce section of my local supermarket?

Actually, I'm stretching my associations a little here, and the weird fluorescent backlighting doesn't do the colors justice...so here's another picture taken in more natural light.


Normally when sporting dramatic hair colors, I don't try very hard to coordinate my hair to my outfit (or I'd basically be limited to the same 3 or four colors for the entire tenure of my dye job!) but for my first day of work with the hair, I made an effort, wearing a neutral dark brown dress and perfectly matching green shoes. The shoes feature pink and black beads, so I felt like I had to work some pink in somewhere else, in the form of my necklace.

1 comment:

  1. I'm green with envy over how great your hair looks! Don't worry I won't get mad about it though.

    ReplyDelete