Monday, January 30, 2017

Mustard Monday

 
There are two days of the work week when I tend to dress up in clothes that are more fancy and fun: Monday, because it rhymes with Funday, and Friday, because it starts with F. OK, really it's because on Mondays I could really use a pick-me-up to help motivate me to start my workweek, and Fridays are casual days according to office codes everywhere, thus affording the best opportunity to wear more exciting fashion! Of course, there is also the fact that I have all of Sunday to come up with an outfit for Monday, so my Monday outfits have no excuse to be lame and boring.

Today's Monday outfit is one of my favorites. I got these yellow fur-trimmed boots on eBay for 18 dollars. They inject more bright sunshine into an outfit than any other winter accessory I can think of, and today, when I woke up to snow on the ground, cloudy skies, and a temperature of only 31 degrees, bright sunshine was desperately needed.

To add to the brightness, I chose my orange paisley tunic. With its vivid warm colors (including one that's very close to, but not quite, mustard yellow), it nicely coordinated with the boots. Some sparkly copper jewelry added a little more flash.

With my body comfortably ensconced in this cheery ensemble, I felt ready to take on a week of workplace woe!

No comments:

Post a Comment