Friday, March 3, 2017

Desperately in need of butterflies


The day I returned from a vacation in warm and sunny New Zealand, Maryland obligingly provided me with a warm and sunny day to welcome me back. The daffodils had bloomed, spring was in the air, and I was feeling pretty good about returning to real life in the Northern hemisphere.

But apparently Maryland decided that I was through being mollycoddled, because by a day later, the temperature had dropped 30 degrees, and I woke up this morning to snow on the ground! Talk about a disappointment! I needed cheering up in the worst way!

Fortunately, I had a pair of pants ready for the challenge. I got them a few weeks before my trip in a bulk order from Swap.com. In this order, I went kind of crazy with the wide-leg pants, buying three pairs in different colors and styles. The one I was most excited about was this black one with yellow and blue butterflies flowing most of the way up the legs.

I had an initial shock when I realized that they were so flimsy you could see right through them, but ultimately I decided that was an asset, as I could wear them with leggings underneath for winter, and shorts underneath for summer, and thus be comfortable in my cheery butterfly pants all year round.

So today I put on a pair of leggings, topped them off with some butterfly pants, then covered up my top half with a yellow camisole and a blue (slightly different hue than the butterflies, but I think it works) cardigan. Of course, one can't wear butterfly pants without wearing butterfly earrings, and I just happened to have the perfect pair of yellow ones!

Between the springtime pastels, the frothy flowery trim on my sweater, and the abundance of butterflies, my outfit says springtime, even if Maryland's weather disagrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment