Monday, February 19, 2018

Red(ux)


February is always the month for red, but this particular February, I've gone, unintentionally, quite overboard. From my monochromatic first post of the month, to my black, white, and red maxi skirt outfit, to my Valentine's Day look, it's just been one crimson costume after another. Today, I continued in that grand tradition by re-wearing the red sweater dress, this time with brown coordinates.

Up top, we have my cropped brown-and-black cardigan; down below, my beloved brown lace-up boots (still going strong after 6 years). I wouldn't have considered this outfit blogworthy, except that I happened to pair it with some jewelry I made myself.

Once a wrap-around coating on a pair of hoop earrings that fell apart, this cherry-red metal mesh sat in my jewelry-salvage collection for a long time before I decided one can never have too many chokers! I made myself a red necklace and had just enough material left to construct a matching bracelet.


Putting the bracelet on, however, was a wearisome task I have no wish to repeat, so I think I might turn it into a pair of dangly disco earrings. Stay tuned!

What do you think? Is a new identity in this bracelet's future?

2 comments:

  1. I like your makeup if you care to do a tutorial on your eyeliner and lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I've thought about it in the past but thought no one would be interested. Now that I know people are, maybe I will give it a shot!

      Delete