Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The very weird wrap skirt


I might have found a new contender for the Ultimate Green and Purple combo, and it doesn't even require a whole outfit to earn the title! It's this skirt! I tried to think of a way to describe it, perhaps a snappy two-word phrase that could become the title of this post, but I couldn't. It's just too weird!

I mean, look at it! Purple leopard print on the bottom, and on the top, a blue-green field covered in what I could only describe as upside-down trees.


Upside-down trees! What will they think of next?

Like all my newest favorite garments, this one came from Swap.com [Referral link], and it totally exceeded my expectations. When I bought it based on nothing more than a single flat-lay photo, I expected it to be around knee length and to have two layers. When I received it, I was astonished to find that it went all the way to my calves, and it was actually a generous wrap skirt that ended up being three layers of silky extravagance!

I didn't pay much attention to the patterns when I bought it, focusing more on the colors and whether I thought it would be an appropriate length for work, but once I had the time to scrutinize it, I really fell in love with them. Leopard spots and upside-down trees. Who comes up with a combination like that? Certainly not me! I'm not daring enough to mix patterns despite my steeliest resolve, but the colors tie them together so well that they work.

And of course, did I mention I'm really in  love with the upside-down trees?

I will adore this skirt with all my heart...but probably not for very long. Eventually I'll run out of new purple and green things to wear them with, and if I'm not daring enough to mix prints, I'm definitely not daring enough to mix color families!

No comments:

Post a Comment