Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Thunderstorm





My summer wardrobe came out of hiding last weekend. I'll withhold the commentary... At least for now!

It took several days to complete the switch, but the day I started was only one week after I took out my spring wardrobe (ugh! The weather this year! Took forever to get even remotely nice, and then it went from winter to summer in one week!).


Weirdly, since I've uncovered this wealth of new and exciting clothes, I've been absolutely stymied as to what to wear. I'm crippled by choice! Also, perhaps, by the fact that my new puppy makes trying on outfits prohibitively difficult.

Until I get over my lack of inspiration, I've decided to set a daily theme to help guide my sartorial decisions. Today's theme, in a reflection of the weather forecast (for the entire week! Ugh! The weather this year!), is "Thunderstorm."

I started with a tank top in a watery print of watery blues. I chose a deeper blue for the pants, to still evoke rain, but to also call to mind the dark skies of a thunderstorm. Grey shoes continue that thread, representing the color of a cumulonimbus cloud.

I would have been content with the tank top as-is, except that the cut seemed a bit casual for work, especially when combined with jeans. So I decided to cover up more of my shoulders with my long-line aqua vest, which conveniently drapes in a way reminiscent of falling water.

I chose two pieces of jewelry that aren't at all related to each other (I usually like my jewelry to match) but to the theme: my tiny black zigzag ring reminds me of lightning, and the dark blue earrings are the color of water and the shape of a raindrop.

Even though none of the elements of this outfit are new, I was still excited to wear them because 1) I think they look good on me, and 2) they do such a thorough job of meeting my arbitrary theme!

But despite the forecast, it didn't even start raining until long after I'd taken the outfit off for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment